Why is it that history has a unique way of turning atrocities into admiration? Take a walk though any mall in urban America and you will be amazed; there is Che merchandise everywhere: t-shirts, caps, Key chains and mugs. His image is freakin’ trademarked for God’s sake and someone is making a ton of money. The one-time king of communism is now the ultimate capitalist. And the ironic thing about is that most people who wear his paraphernalia have no idea of who this man really was.
And speaking of capitalism, who better than the Hollywood left to swoop in and milk Che for all the cash they can get. Rumor has it that a new Che movie is currently in production; but no word yet if the proceeds of the ticket sales are going to be given to the poor in Cuba. After all, those rich Hollywood left-wing types wouldn’t want to benefit from backs of the working class, now would they.
Now the funny thing is this; the man who often quotes Che in the newspapers, Fidel Castro and basically made him a legend, is the same man who deliberately sent Che’ to his death. And…this legend only started after Che’ was six feet deep!
Don’t believe the hype my friends. Please educate yourself and learn more about Che? I highly recommend reading Exposing the Real Che Guevara: And the Useful Idiots Who Idolize Him by Humberto Fontova. In his book, he covers several great points:
- How Che longed to destroy New York City with nuclear missiles. (So why does Angelina Jolie sport a Che tattoo, while denouncing violence as a U.N. ambassador of goodwill?
- How Che promoted book burning and signed death warrants for authors who disagreed with him. (So why did Jean Paul Sartre praise him as a “perfect” man, and why did Time Magazine name him one of the 100 most influential people of the century?)
- How Che made amazingly racist statements about blacks. (So why do Jesse Jackson, Jay-Z, and Mike Tyson say nice things about him?)
- How Che persecuted gays, long-haired rock and roll fans, and religious people. (So why do Carlos Santana, Madonna and Johnny Depp think he’s so cool?)
- How Che, the devoted Communist, loved material wealth and private luxuries. (So why do the mainstream media still depict him as an ascetic?)
Here is a video excerpt from the Glen Beck show that gives more detail.
Technorati Tags: che, che guevara, ernesto che guevara, murderer, terrorist, punk, the truth about che guevara, el che, Humberto Fontova,